Re: Starting with muLinux

From: olea@hispafuentes.com
Date: Tue May 22 2001 - 11:17:20 CEST

Michele Andreoli escribió:

> On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 05:43:53PM +0200, olea@hispafuentes.com nicely wrote:
>
> > If the results are good I'll create a set of two or three addons disks
> > with the exact tools we need. The addons will be free except some app
> > (to be exact, a voice synth) and could be published with muLinux.
>
> Very interesting. If you wish, when the case, I can put a link to your
> project, when it is up.

Good.

> > BTW: Did you ever thought about starting a SourceForge project for
> > muLinux? It offers html archives maillists, cvs, bug tracking, forums,
> > etc.
>
> Currently, I have no problem with Sunsite.Auc.dk.
>
> I browsed a lot of projects at SourceForge, and I like the structure,
> although it seems a bit complex for my standard feeling.

Well: you can use only the resources you need. Things like cvs or
bugtracking are really right for cooperative development.

> Example: I'm wrong, or SourceForge's daily-job requires anycase a browser
> to work properly? I ask that, because I usually use only ftp and
> textual email.

I never tested Sourceforge with links/lynx. Maybe they navigate well.
But working with cvs or mail list obviously doesn't need a GUI.

If finally you want to start the project, I'd try to help you.

--
	A.Ismael Olea González
	tlf 914 575 330