Re: [mu startx] only root can start x.

From: Stephen Isard (S.IsardDeleteThis@ed.ac.uk)
Date: Thu May 17 2001 - 11:58:44 CEST

Stephen Kasirye wrote:

> Currently our wireless link is having problems, so you certainly must be
> reading this mail (very) late. But anyway, please get me the original file
> for your exterm, and then I will put the "\" before the quotes as
> discussed below.

Ok, it is the /usr/X11R6/bin/xterm that was in the X11 addon at the time
of mulinux 11r2 (and probably the same in lots of both previous and
later versions), so I'll mail it to you separately and not clog up the
list. Note that the "\" is to be inserted before the quotes in startx,
rather than xterm. I included the whole of my edited version of xterm
in my message. I'll mail you the startx file from the X11 addon as
well, although I think you must already have it if you are running X at
all.

Good luck.

Stephen Isard