Re: mu SETUP Problems with X11 Mu12R

From: Alfie Costa (agcosta@gis.net)
Date: Wed May 16 2001 - 06:21:15 CEST

On 15 May 2001, at 1:56, ur-soft <mulinux@sunsite.dk> wrote:

> I'm trying to setup muLinux with X11 extension, but I always end up with
> 1) having an X - Screen with an x - mouse cursor but nothing more, and
> the computer does hang after some time

Here's a quite about a similar problem with mu v11.4 that I posted here on Jan
10 2001...

<snip>

2) I use a Mouse Systems brand mouse. Running 'setup -f port' calls a new
'/setup/fun/port.fun', (it's different from the 'port.fun' in v9.3), and the
code sets my mouse to either the 'ps2' or 'microsoft' protocol. This makes the
 'setup -f port' command crash somewhere in the middle. It says:

        Initialization of psaux failed
        Setting up serial ports IRQ ...
        Cannot autoconfigure port: Device or resource busy

Despite this, 'GPM' is happy. However 'X' is now crazy -- my mouse pointer
stays at the top of the X screen, and after a bit of moving the mouse, (left to
right only), the whole mu system does a sudden reboot.

<snip>

Haven't tested this with versions of mu later than v11.4 yet.

Earlier versions of mu with the X addon worked OK on my hardware. I'm guessing
it has something to do with there being fewer mouse drivers in recent versions
of mu. What brand mouse do you use?