[Mu-Ot:] Corrupt Bios???

From: richard kirkcaldy (richard@ic24.net)
Date: Sun May 13 2001 - 17:46:43 CEST

Hi,
        I've just got a 486 back from storage, and it's not working
anymore. It used to work fine (but slow) but now it beeps three times
when it is switched on (beep-bi-beep) and nothing is displayed on screen,
but it checks floppy disks and hard disks as normal.
I've checked the monitor and cable on another machine and they are fine,
so it's either the graphics card or the bios/motherboard.
        Anybody know wether this is fixable? There is a fair amount of
dust inside, could that be it? I don't really want to spend anything
fixing it.
        I do have a spare motherboard and processor that came in with a
load of other stuff, and I'll try setting that up if this can't be fixed.
I don't have any instructions for it though - so I don't know how to set
it up properly.

--
Richard Kirkcaldy, richard.kirkcaldy@ic24.net
Ad astra per aspera.