[mu TECH] hard drive partitions

From: jake (samael@itookmyprozac.com)
Date: Thu May 03 2001 - 01:23:19 CEST

hi all
i am a relative newbie to mu , but have been using other linux's for a
while ....
anyway , should i be having trouble with makeing or using hda2 of size
3496.981 meg?
well i am. i have a 4 gig hd , with 50 meg hda1 where mu is installed. i
then create an ext2 partition with fdisk. i ftp to the computer that it is
installed on from my other computer and attempt to put 2.7 gig worth of
stuff on that partition but it stops after 46 odd meg. i never had this
problem when i had rh6.2 on it , although hda2 was only 3200 odd meg then.

thanks in advance for your help
jake :)

p.s.
(i put the hd in my other rh7 computer , and it said that the partition was
only 333 meg. i recreated the partition in the other computer running rh7
and filled it up with 2.7 gig of stuff , but when i put the hd back in the
origanal machine and tried to mount hda2 it told me "couldn't mount ext2 fs
, unsupported options" or some such error)