Re: mu sudo

From: Joshua Hudson (joshudson@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 26 2001 - 20:08:08 CEST

I have been asked how I added sudo to muLinux. Here is my answer.

As for proceedure: log in as root (what else) and copy sudo c files to
current directory. The following commands complete the installation,
assuming GCC addon is mounted.
  mkdir /usr/local
  mkdir /usr/local/bin
  mkdir /usr/local/adm
  mkdir /usr/local/adm/logs
  touch /usr/local/adm/sudoers
  chmod 600 /usr/local/adm/sudoers
  gcc sudo.c clrusr.c
  mv a.out /usr/local/bin/sudo
  chmod 4711 /usr/local/bin/sudo

The packaged man file sudo.8 still needs to be rewritten for mulinux.
Important sudo considers daemon gid to be 3 while muLinux uses 2. Change one
or the other. I have commented out the mail alert as it does not work on
muLinux.

  # sample sudoers file:
  # root can do anything
  root all

  # gandalf is the sysadmin
  gandalf all

  # the security officer can use kill so that he can log anybody out.
  officer /bin/kill

  # the backup operator can use all commands that require root access
  # for backing up files.
  backup /bin/cp /usr/srv/bin/mkfs.ext2 /bin/mount /bin/umount

Thanks Joshua,

I look forward to getting the sources. I beg to have a little procedure as
well.

Stephen.