[mu TECH] muLinux on top of smallLinux

From: Jan Petranek (jan.petranek@student.uni-tuebingen.de)
Date: Mon Apr 23 2001 - 18:24:48 CEST

Hello there,

I do have a bit of a strange setup:
386 Laptop
4 MB of RAM
80 MB HDD

Up to now, I have been trying to use muLinux in those 4 MB RAM, but from
time to time it crashes, leaving me with messages like
can't map /lib/libc5.so

So I installed smalllinux as a base and am about to put muLinux on top of
this. (A useful way of transferring the data is to put the HDD into
another machine with already installed muLinux.)

Up to now, quite a lot of things seem to work, but there are some things I
couldn't figure out up to now. So...

- how does the history in the shell work?
- how can multiple users use the pion-utility?
(up to now, it complains about not beeing able to write to
/tmp/subdirectories, while /tmp is fully read-write and executable for
all)
- more to come...

I will certainly write more about setting up this mixed system, if I get
it fully going.

JanP