mu SETUP ethernet

From: F. W. Owen (fwo@bright.net)
Date: Tue Apr 03 2001 - 16:04:36 CEST

Hi,

I'm having a few problems setting up mulinux.

We want to put mulinux on an old computer to masquerade the internet
to our local network. We also hope to use mulinux on some older
computers to run vnc.

But before that, I'm testing mulinus on our main linux computer. So
far, from mulinux, I can get on the internet, browse the internet
with lynx, and can run X with no problems.

What I can't do is get mulinux on our local ethernet. So I can't
test vnc or see if masquerading is going to work.

The driver we need is rtl8139 which is supposed to be on the SRV
addon. I have SRV installed but mulinux won't use rtl8139, or rather
claims it is incorrectly installed.

--
Kindest regards,