Re: need help on vi

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Sat Mar 31 2001 - 19:44:36 CEST

On Fri, Mar 30, 2001 at 05:19:47PM +0200, Albrecht Kleine nicely wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > > Maybe, aynone else uses mulinux console and has another idea ?
>
> > How about Pico or ae? Don't remember what's installed on mu - I seem to
> > remember ae is just vi with a different keymap...
>
> What about e3 ?
> You could switch between 5 different keymaps....
>
> BTW next days I'll release a bugfix (e3-1.5). David Douthitt
> has pointed out some bugs related to e3's vi emulation.
> As usual you get an announce on this list as soon I'm ready.

Hello Albrecht,

what stream editor actually E3 does call: sed or ex?
I regret having suggested you to substitute sed with ex.
Can you revert to original solution?

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave
you with, I don't. Would you take two negative messages? - Woody Allen