Re: [SETUP] mke2fs and what then? -continued

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Fri Mar 30 2001 - 22:33:42 CEST

On Fri, Mar 30, 2001 at 07:12:10PM +0200, Rasmus T. Bjerngaard nicely wrote:
> Thank you for the fast answers:)
>
> That's right I am installing from floppies but I also set up a swap
> partition. Setting up the swap I get no errors. Still the fstab doesn't
> look right though I'm not sure... My HD has an EXT2 and a linux swap
> partition.
>
> What seems to be the problem right now is that I cannot install the SRV
> addon which prevents me from running clone since it uses lilo (from
> SRV). When running 'setup -f SRV' I get the error:
>
> unknown compressor, abort
>
> Could you help me out on that??

You can load the "lilo" command in RAM, with a command like:

                cp lilo /sbin

but, as first, locate the "lilo" binary on your mulinux/ tree: you
will find in the directory mulinux/bin, if you unpacked here.

After that, non SRV addon is required.

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave
you with, I don't. Would you take two negative messages? - Woody Allen