Re: [SETUP] mke2fs and what then?

From: A Mooron (moorons@themail.co.uk)
Date: Thu Mar 29 2001 - 23:07:15 CEST

It sounds as if you are running from floppies when you do this?

Install a base system into the harddrive by using 'clone' (once the
floppy has booted);
reboot mu from the harddrive (either from DOS or straight through LILO)
then install all those addons

What's happening is that mu is trying to make another other ramdisk & its
running out of memory....
Once its installed to the harddrive, it doesn't need ramdisks...

Good luck!

Jarvist ;-)

>I have succesfully installed muLinux BOOT, ROOT, USR and SRV on a 486 8MB
>HD:700MB labtop. When I try to install TEX, X11 or WKS which run mke2fs I
>get into problems. The setup writes:
>
>Creating /dev/ram3 ramdisk ...
>mke2fs 1.10, 24-Apr-97 for EXT2 FS 0.5b, 95/08/09
>
>Then it counts up to 22% and stops. 3 hours later it counted some more
>-- up to 46%. Waiting another 5 hours without anything but an active
>harddrive I gave up.
What patience!