Re: mu SETUP: problem w/ SoundBlaster setup

From: Richard.Kirkcaldy@IC24.net
Date: Tue Mar 27 2001 - 22:53:10 CEST

On Mon, 26 Mar 2001, s wrote:

> Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 17:37:59 -0600
> From: s <smulinux@bellsouth.net>
> To: mulinux@sunsite.dk
> Subject: Re: mu SETUP: problem w/ SoundBlaster setup
>
> Don't suppose you'd be so kind as to tell a sole how to do that? :-)
> -s
>
> On Monday 26 March 2001 03:12 pm, you wrote:
>
> > Are you loading the DOS drivers for the card first? I have always found
> > this necessary in Mu - but not other Distro's. Must be something to do
> > with the way MuLinux drivers are set up.

You should have the dos drivers if you got the soundcard new. OK, so it
wasn't new - if it is a genuine soundblaster then you will need to
download the drivers from the soundblaster page. Can't remember the
web address, but searching for soundblaster or creative labs should find
it.

I think decent instructions are included with the drivers, but as a
postscript windows won't like you loading the DOS drivers - so either put
the command to load them in C:\linux\linux.bat instead of autoexec.bat.
Or set up a menu as the instructions in bootmuen.txt or similar say.

--
Richard Kirkcaldy