Re: mu SETUP: audio capability w/ svncviewer ????

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Tue Mar 27 2001 - 16:26:48 CEST

On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 09:10:08AM -0500, Banerjee, Sudipta nicely wrote:
> Hello again -
>
> I have a question about the implementations of VNC (svncviewer or vnc - for
> X11) on muLinux.
>
> Using the VNC clients (snvncviewer or vnc) on a PC running muLinux and
> having an ISA SoundBlaster card, would it be possible to listen to audio
> (RealAudio, Windows Media Player, .WAVs, .MP3s, audio CDs, ...) being
> played on a machine running the VNC SERVER ????
>
> Please advise.

VNC simply replicate the remote screen in your java-capable browser, or
equivalent tool. It doesn't transfere other kind of informations, but
I'm not informed.

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave
you with, I don't. Would you take two negative messages? - Woody Allen