Re: mu SETUP: problem w/ SoundBlaster setup

From: Richard.Kirkcaldy@IC24.net
Date: Mon Mar 26 2001 - 23:12:12 CEST

On Mon, 26 Mar 2001, Banerjee, Sudipta wrote:

> Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 13:29:02 -0500
> From: "Banerjee, Sudipta" <sudipta.banerjee@lmco.com>
> To: "'mulinux@sunsite.dk'" <mulinux@sunsite.dk>
> Subject: mu SETUP: problem w/ SoundBlaster setup
>
> Hi -
>
> I am trying to set up my Pentium 133 (32 MB RAM) so that I can use the
> svncviewer (or the xvnc viewer) to remotely access a Win NT wkstn. PC.
Is sound that important then? You're lucky to have got this far :-). Is
a P133 not a bit overboard for just an xvnc viewer? I've got that same
setup running Redhat and everything that comes with it.

> When the boot floppy comes to the part of the setup where I can configure my
> sound card (SoundBlaster 16 PnP - ISA card), the 'poke' utility tries the
> IO=220/IRQ=5 combination but is unable to find the sound card.

Are you loading the DOS drivers for the card first? I have always found
this necessary in Mu - but not other Distro's. Must be something to do
with the way MuLinux drivers are set up.

--
Richard Kirkcaldy