Re: connecting to the internett

From: Richard.Kirkcaldy@IC24.net
Date: Mon Mar 26 2001 - 23:11:04 CEST

On Sun, 25 Mar 2001, s wrote:

> Thanks for your suggestion, I think it probably was the reason. Cause when I
> went back in later, I didn't activate it and I stayed connected as long as I
> wanted.
> > I hope you didn't activate diald.
> >
> > > Oh, I just have to say: this is the neatest thing I've ever seen. How
> > > can I put it? It is so great and thanks for all your hard (must have
> > > been) work.

Yeah it's great for use on old PCs. Just wait till you get to use Redhat,
thats really good fun. Two weeks of trying and sendmail still isn't
working. I've resorted to using Pine for now, but there is no queuing of
messages and the delete key does the same thing as backspace. Also wvdial
only works as root (or su-root). Also it won't talk to my printer, and
keeps dumping core all over the place - it even complained that 32Meg of
486's and am not planning on changing anything.

I noticed the same problem BTW, I doubt it was diald in my case. If it
comes back then it could be the default gateway isn't set up properly, or
a problem with the auth setting in pppd. Found out about auth from a
East-European web-site. Jeez - I should have studied languages more the
way I got that sorted.

--
Richard Kirkcaldy