[mu TECH] sendmail errors

From: Thomas E. Lenon (thomaslenon@tds.net)
Date: Tue Feb 06 2001 - 21:08:26 CET

When attempting to "sendmail" I've had outbound mail returned with the
error message "sender domain must exist".

Can someone explain this?

DETAILS: using mulinux ver 11r7. pppd is working. fetchmail will
retreive mail from my ISP. pppd is on, and connected to ISP mail host.
Lynx will connect to, and download from sunsite.dk.

A related question. Is there a "simple" tutorial on the subjects of
ifconfig, /etc/hosts, and route?

I've read the examples in red hat linux documentation, but am still
confused.

Since the ppp0 interface which connects to ISP (modem) is dynamic, I
can't simply name ISP host in /etc/host.

Even when I attempt to assign IP address to my system, it is over
written by dynamic IP address assigned when I connect to my service
provider.

I would like to add a default route to my Internet Service Provider and
specify my ISP host as a gateway. DNS has been set to my ISP host.