[mu TECH] error: INIT: Id "T1" respawning too fast (was: [mu TECH] Error Message)

From: Karl-Heinz Zimmer (khz@snafu.de)
Date: Mon Feb 05 2001 - 10:37:06 CET

On Son, 04 Feb 2001 Jürgen wrote:
> Hi!
>
> After i've logged in. mu Linux (11R6) shows the message:
>
> INIT: Id "T1" respawning to fast: disabled for 5 minutes

Note: Having had lots of work to do in last weeks and months
      I partialy lost contact to the muLinux project and so
      I don't know exactly what is going wrong here.

But to find out about that error you might want to look in file
/etc/inittab for the "T1" entry.
You should find an inittab entry whose ID field (the first
field/column of a non-comment line) is "T1". The process which
is "respawning too fast" is the command in the fourth field
of this line. Refer to `man 8 init` and `man 5 inittab` for
details on init and inittab.

in short: Your serial device is most likely not defined.
     see: http://beta.linuxrouter.org/faq/LRP-FAQ-6.html
   topic: 6.8

Karl-Heinz

--