RE: RE: [OT]Linux and ADSL?

From: Bob Romprey (zoot@farts.com)
Date: Sat Feb 03 2001 - 04:36:00 CET

('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) No...........the only IP address visible will be the IP address of the router.
All other addresses on your internal network will be Masqd(packet headers relabeled with your one and only valid external IP address)
In this case your default gateway will be the address of the ethernet card hooked(external network) to the hub(configured on the machine the hub itself is hooked to. All other machines default gateway will be the IP address of the second ethernet card(internet network) in the machine hooked to the hub.
All machines on your side of the hub will use the DNS server addresses designated by your internet service provider.
You might want to go over to
www.linuxdoc.org
And have a look at the IP_Masq HOW-TO it'll give you a bit better detail as to how to do this.