[mu setup] Setup minus fdd

From: James Hall (jamesr.hall@home.com)
Date: Fri Feb 02 2001 - 05:36:20 CET

Hiya.. I've used mu-linux before on other computers but now I have a neat
little p90 laptop I'd like to set it up on. The problem is that my fdd on my
desktop computer does not work and I don't have a fdd on my laptop.. I
noticed on the mulinux web site that someone had installed it onto a
computer and then zipped it up and posted it on his/her personal site,
however that site is down now :(

I was wondering if there was going to be an option to d/l the setup/addon
disks and put them on the hdd, then install them from there or d/l one zip
with the whole distro in it and install it, but still be able to configure
all of your stuff (altho.. I seem to recall that it was possible to
reconfigure everything after you had a system booted up? I can't remember)

(I really only need the main file, x11 addon, vnc addon and the serv
addon..)

There is an extreme lack of linux mini-distro's that can install /from/ the
hdd, have all the useful programs like mulinux does, and still be small
(look at dragonlinux and phatlinux.. 130-300mb free.. it's hard on my 720mb
hdd (about 550 free after installing win95, litestep and a few other little
things...)

Also, anyone have experiences in installing on a toshiba portege 610ct (sans
floppy or cdrom drive)? (lemme tell ya.. it was a pain to get even win95 on
it.. b/c it came with only command.com on the hdd, now I can load things on
it realitively easy...)