RE: ttyS0,problem(and rant)

From: Bob Romprey (zoot@farts.com)
Date: Mon Jan 29 2001 - 08:19:15 CET

('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) First things first, if you have access to another mouse(serial) try using that.(here in the states a new mouse can be had for about $5)
How old is this mouse???
Does it work under win95/98???
If so is it reported as a "standard serial mouse" in control panel-->device manager???
If it's listed does/did it use com1 under windows???
If it's listed as com1 what are the "resources" that com1 uses on your system???(irq and io base address)
If indeed it does use the logitech protocol.
I think although I'm not sure that there's a module file for the logitech mice..
Someone else on the list might have a copy of the file laying around somewhere????(maybe in modules.tgz at the muLinux site???)

winsor

>Date: 28 Jan 2001 18:47:40 -0800
>To: mulinux@sunsite.dk
>From: arnold@ucvonline.com
>Subject: RE: ttyS0,problem(and rant)
>
>um... can you help me, where can i start for the "logitech's mouse" research ?? cause, my knowledge about linux's hardware compatibilty is very little...
>I very realy want to solve this problem.
>thanks anyway.
>
>Regrads,
>arnold
>On Sun, 28 January 2001, "Bob Romprey" wrote:
>

>> Many Logitech mice use the "Microsoft" protocol, although I can't say for certain with your mouse.
<snipped>