[mu Setup] ran out of input

From: Richard Kirkcaldy (Wolf Man) (richard.kirkcaldy@ic24.net)
Date: Sat Jan 27 2001 - 20:39:16 CET

Hi,
        I have been using mulinux 10r2 for many months quite happily.
Then I got another 486 and put it on there quite happilly. But I did
something stupid and had to reinstall dos on the new machine, and
dos wanted to reformat both hard disks on the machine.
        Now mulinux won't install. Most times it comes up with -

uncompressing linux
        ran out of input data
-- system halted

Some times it comes up with disk errors, so am I correct in
guessing there is a problem with the ram (as it tries to load into
ram first?) This occurs no matter which hard disk I install from,
and I even tried the 11r2 version.
Would installing from a floppy help? I don't know that it would, as
whel I loaded up from the floppy to try and recover files it kept
coming up with errors.

--
Richard Kirkcaldy