RE: ttyS0, ttyS1, ttyS2's problem

From: Bob Romprey (zoot@farts.com)
Date: Sat Jan 27 2001 - 03:11:15 CET

('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) Did you specify
ttyS0
or
/dev/ttyS0
???
/dev/ttyS0 is actually the path to the location/name of the file that's used for "com1" under dos
As linux treats devices as just another file to be read or written to, you must specify /dev/ttyS0 to tell configuration that your mouse is on com1 (dos)
Hope this helps

winsor