Re: Video settings : some interesting URLs

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Tue Jan 09 2001 - 16:20:00 CET

On Tue, Jan 09, 2001 at 12:10:43PM +0000, Stephen Isard wrote:
> Michele Andreoli wrote:
> >
> > A web calculator for video timings!
> >
> > http://www.hut.fi/Misc/Electronics/faq/vga2rgb/calc.html
>
> There is a program called xvidtune, part of the XFree86 package, that
> performs these calculations interactively as you press buttons to change
> the size and position of the viewable portion of your screen.

I know this program. It is only an *utility* which help in *refining*
a *working* modeline, shifting the screen along cardinal direction.
A working modeline can be produced only dealing with clocks and
horizontal frequencies.
Things are really a bit more complex, if someone publicize a page able
to calculate a modelines!

Anycase, xvidtune *doesn't* works with the paleozoic VGA16
I will add anyway in the X11 floppy, because I've free space in it, now.

Sent using mulinux, with mutt, smail and other GPL'ed software