about 1722K floppy disk problem?

From: Barry Wu (wqb123@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jan 08 2001 - 06:19:51 CET

Hi, all,

I am new to this maillist. I want to build a system
on floppy. Because the fault 1.44MB is too small,
I want 1.722MB or more. I do the following things,
#fdformat /dev/fd0H1722
#cat /usr/src/linux/arch/i386/boot/zImage /dev/fd0
#rdev /dev/fd0 /dev/fd0
#rdev -r /dev/fd0 49552
Then I boot the system using floppy.
The console print:
Then reboot again. Why my floppy can not boot up
the system?
I access website, find that mulinux can support
1722KB floppy. Then can you tell me how to
boot system from a floppy bigger than 1.44MB?
Thanks in advance!

Qingbo