Re: My PC is (temporary?) dead

From: Karl-Heinz Zimmer (khz@snafu.de)
Date: Sat Jan 06 2001 - 18:26:34 CET

Ciao Michele,

on Samstag, 06 Jan 2001 you wrote:
> A bad news, for me. A sort of Epiphany present? a total blackout on my
> main computer. The power-on button is ineffective. Maybe the power
> supply subsystem?

Very likely.

> A button failure?

Never heard of something like a hardware-button failure.

Please: Do not open the Power Suply, there might be dangerous
condensers insite remaining harmfull even when the system
is plugged-off.

Bring to dealer and ask him to replace the Power Suply.

In case they tell you insertinf a new one costs more than 100,- DM in total
ask politely if they are complete idiots. :-D

Saluti,

Karl-Heinz