Re: Iomega Zip100

From: Dumas Patrice (dumas@centre-cired.fr)
Date: Thu Dec 21 2000 - 20:17:33 CET

Angoli Giovanni a écrit :

> Hello Pat, Hello all
>
> What you say is not entirely true, older Iomega Zip100 (the kind supported
> by ppa.o

Not entirely true... I was totally wrong ;-) !!!
I thought that the zip drives used an ide emulation. So I advocated the use of
paride and associated stuff. But if I understand well, the zip interface is
different than an ide over parallel port interface. So sorry, big mistake of
mine.

>There is no support for newer parallel Zip (100, 250) because imm.o afaik

> appeared only
> in 2.2.x kernels.

> I've also checked slackware archives for imm.o for 2.0.x kernel with no
> luck.

That's bad.

Pat