Re: mu TECH

From: Dumas Patrice (dumas@centre-cired.fr)
Date: Thu Dec 21 2000 - 12:16:52 CET

Joachim Schlöffel a écrit :

> I'm trying to install muLINUX on my 486 DX 66 MHz.
> My problem is the floppy drive. It seems as it isn't able to handle 1772 KB
> floppies,
> but I want to spend muLINUX an own partition and EXT2 filesystem.
>
> Is there any possibility to use this old machine as LINUX station, maybe I
> can use 1440 KB floppies. I don't want to buy a new floppy drive...

I think it is possible.
First you have to have a running mulinux, in RAM, and then clone it.
To have a running mulinux in ram :
If you use the mu script under linux, mu -i gives you that choice, on 2 disks.

Under dos, I can't remember well, but I think with the old way, that is the
creation of a "temporary" disk able to boot mulinux and take the filesystem
from the dos disk, it should be ok.
Note that there are issues with memory, too, if you have less than 4 MB, see
the FAQ.

Pat