Re: announce e3 v1.2 just released

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Sat Dec 16 2000 - 23:31:25 CET

On Sat, Dec 16, 2000 at 06:13:17PM +0100, Albrecht Kleine wrote:

> At least the sed I'm using on my developer box (ak.sax.de) does _not_ have
> this problems with "r filename" or maybe "3 r filename" and such.
> And BTW "w filename" is handled by e3vi itself, but "8,$ w filename" is
> handled by sed, no problem so far.
>
> # sed --version
> says here @ak.sax.de : "GNU sed version 3.02"

In muLinux it say:

# sed --version
core dumped

A joke! GNU sed version 2.05. But, you are right! Also my ancestral
sed support w and r, so no problem. Mmm why a stream editor such sed
support such incongruent features?

> In other words, WHY would you prefer using e3's vi emulation and some
> of elvis's ex commands through a pipe than using elvis directly ?? **

Strange question: why you introduced the e3vi flavor in E3? Or,
why men had climbed up the K2?

Sent using mulinux, with mutt, smail and other GPL'ed software