Re: A little Question

From: Zeimet Alex (lzeimet@gmx.net)
Date: Fri Dec 15 2000 - 10:03:21 CET

On Thu, Dec 14, 2000 at 08:50:31PM +0000, Tobbi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> my name is Tobias and I have a problem. I don't know so much about Linux, but it's enough to install it, if this is something.
> Okay, my problem: In school, we've an old 368 with 4 mByte Ram. I tried to boot mulinux, but it said that there is not enough
> Ram. Is there a way of starting MuLinux with only 4 MByte of Ram? Thax for the Answers.

Hello,

In earlier Versions, I had the problem to install mulinux with
4 MB Ram. At least you need 8MB Ram. But it's able to work with 4MB.
So I installed it on 486 with more Ram and so I copied the whole
"Linux" folder over Network (Win311) to the 386. The I had to make
some corrections for hardware setting, but my 386 worked with
mulinux. In the new release, AFAIK, it is possible to install it
with 4MB, but I don't know how to do it, I haven't tried.
Just try! :-)

--
Greetings		 Alex
Registered Linux User #169741