Re: hda built but now I want Hdc

From: Robert Heezeman (heezeman@yahoo.com.au)
Date: Thu Dec 14 2000 - 10:49:22 CET

WOW I finally got Mulinux on ext2 with lilo working

Unfortunately I got it working on my work PC on hda
when I took it home I could only put it into hdc.
I want to boot from hdc1 directly (not from DOS using
lilo). So I did a lilo -v and sure enough it said that
it did what I asked.

I tried this and all I got was LI

How is this done ?? How can I move hda1 boot to hdc1
or anything.

I tried changing Lilo hda s' to hdc s' but that did
not work.

I found a copy of rdev and did a rdev /boot/vmlinuz
/dev/hdc1 still just LI

rdev says I can change things because when I boot up
on a and run above rdev I get /dev/hdc1 but nothing
on my home PC when I plug into hdc, Will work on hda
though so there i no incompatability of hardware.