Re: Ease of installation - follow up

From: Angel Martin Alganza (ama@ugr.es)
Date: Sun Dec 03 2000 - 20:39:37 CET

Hello,

At 12:25 05/12/2000 +0100, Pat wrote:

> > In fact! I've got it that way! cat did the trick w/o any problem. I've had
> > a look at the mu script and, in fact, there is mystery in there.
>
>What kind ?

Sorry... I meant there is NO mystery in there... but missed the NO, hehe

> > Thank you
> > very much, Pat! But... anyway... it hasn't worked for me... curious, isn't
> > it?
>
>Yes I wonder what was wrong. Was your floppy well formatted ? Maybe the
>problem

It was... I promise :)

>was there. I reread the mu script, in fact mu doesn't really do
>"fdformat /dev/fd0H1722 \n cat BOOT ROOT.gz USR.bz2 > /dev/fd0\n", but
>instead

Which worked out just perfectly

Maybe the problem is here ? Suppose you haven't got libc5 installed in your
>computer, nor tree expanded, it fails, isn't it ? Angel Miguel, could you
>please
>privately send me what ./mu -i gave you ?

Sure... I will send it directly to you when I get at home. Ask me again
tomorrow if I forget it and you still want it.

Cheers,
Angel

Angel MARTIN ALGANZA http://www.ugr.es/~ama/
Departamento de Genetica & Instituto de Biotecnologia
Campus de Fuentenueva. Universidad de Granada
E-18071 Granada - Spain Tel +34 958 248 926
mailto:ama@ugr.es ICQ#5334825 Fax +34 958 244 073