RE: Ease of installation - follow up(rant)

From: winsor SMP (zoot@farts.com)
Date: Tue Dec 05 2000 - 03:48:26 CET

('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) Angel,

I've bought whole boxes (100) of floppies and every one had bad blocks.
This is enough to make one wonder if companies aren't passing off inferior products simply because they see the world as a bunch of drooling check writting nincompoops, that don't know good from bad products 8^P

As a further example look at all those crummy winmodems, even crummier win printers and worst of all, "plug n' puke only" cards.(I've got a sound card here that insists on grabbing IRQ 15)
No wonder everyone NEEDS a 1Ghz chip and 256M of ram nowdays,
Their peripherals need it cause they're too stupid to do their own thinking and have no idea of PC design, running on a bloated Kludgeware operating system with design flaws that have been known but not addressed for over 5 years..........*LoL*

Designing stupid hardware to run on a stupid, unstable operating system makes no sense at all.(except maybe to the stockholders)
Being in the business I know:
There is a difference between inexpensive and cheap.
I do sell inexpensive but refuse to sell cheap.
Someday those companies might figure it out...........I hope

winsor

village idiot town drunk
purveyor of fine computer junk