Re: To refuse going to Firenze??? (was: To trash the FAQ?)

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Mon Dec 04 2000 - 20:22:37 CET

On Mon, Dec 04, 2000 at 02:01:44PM +0000, José Luis Gómez Dans nicely wrote:
> > but an alien, used to copy unpaid MS licenses,
> > simply tell "What? But Windows does it much better! Why to changes?"
>
> That is a very interesting experience, actually. I think it
> is not an easy task to do, because we are just used to talk to people
> who enjoy sed and [m]awk.

Yes, the problem. I chosen Linux because it give me some new problem
to solve. Linux is able to put the user in a status where *the thought*
is on the foreground, and *the scope* is in the background; but I
can accept the reality: the 90% of the people put *the scope* at first
place, and likes to use a computer only strumentally.

Continuing with the similitudo, the scope is "Staroffice"; the thought
is "sed": both do editing, in some form, but Staroffice is unable to
move my brain as I would like.

Ehi, I like Staroffice very much! it is only an example.

> is a bit unfortunate that these people won't know about what I shall
> call the "mulinux spirit", as seen on the list.

If "mulinux spirit" means "to make things not too seriously"
the SAQ can cover this hole, a little.

>I really enjoy this kind
> of environment, where people don't just ask about how to config X and
> then disappear.

Oh, fortunately in muLinux X is not configurable.

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave
you with, I don't. Would you take two negative messages? - Woody Allen