Ease of installation - follow up

From: Angel Martin Alganza (ama@ugr.es)
Date: Sun Dec 03 2000 - 06:56:21 CET

Hello,

During this weekend I have given a new try to get muLinux running. This
time I've decided to get Debian 2.1 (slink) installed in the only system
where I seem to be able to get muLinux floppies made of... and do a mu -i
from there. Bingo! It works smoothly... so I have finally gotten the BOOT,
EXT and X11 floppies for muLinux 10r5.

         Now, when I try to boot the BOOT floppy on two of my boxes, after
a message saying a compressed image has been found:

the system then continues reading the floppy for a little while (I think
it's decompressing such image -which I guess it must be the root system)
and then gives hundreds of 'end_request" error messages such as this one:

         end_request: I/O error, dev 01:00, sector 170146

and goes like this forever, changing the sector number on every new line.

         Am I doing something wrong? Is the BOOT floppy not properly
generated, despite the fact that the mu -i script says it was ok? Could it
be a problem of my hardware (my floppy drive, perhaps)?

         Would somebody be so kind to make a raw floppy image of BOOT (EXT
and X11 also would be great if someone would do it) so that I can simply dd
or cat it to a floppy, please? I would be really thankful if I would get
such a thing. (BTW, I still think it would be marvelous to get muLinux
floppies as raw images).

Thanks and greetings.
More than ever eager to get muLinux running,
Angel

Angel MARTIN ALGANZA http://www.ugr.es/~ama/
Departamento de Genetica & Instituto de Biotecnologia
Campus de Fuentenueva. Universidad de Granada
E-18071 Granada - Spain Tel +34 958 248 926
mailto:ama@ugr.es ICQ#5334825 Fax +34 958 244 073