Re: x-windows on 386 4mb ram

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 10:37:25 CET

On Tue, Nov 28, 2000 at 06:00:50PM -0800, winsor SMP nicely wrote:

> I checked out 11r2(base+srv+perl only) today at work and thought the new dialog based setup was GREAT...........very attractive work there.

For my own amusement, I'm writing some other wizard using dialog panels:
an Internet-Wizard is already out. I will develope a Mouse-Wizard, etc.
I will integrate the wizards in the 'welcome' script.

They are only dialog interfaces to the Setup command. In this way, they
do not suffers for Setup upgrading. I'm using the new command-mode
feature in Setup.

It is very easy to implement this kind of panel using my interface
library /etc/dialog.lib. Example: you can obtains a yes-no dialog
screen with:

                # dyesno -t "title" "question"

and so on. The return answer is gathered with the function result().
So I can write:

                anwser=`result`
                case $answer" in
                -no-) ...
                esac

Anyone can contribute with some wizard. Please look in the file "iw"
I sent on the list. Games are welcome.

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave
you with, I don't. Would you take two negative messages? - Woody Allen