Connect with CHAP -

From: BOB GOODWIN (w2bod@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Nov 28 2000 - 12:41:20 CET

I can't connect to my ISP [AT&T]. I found /usr/bin/ppp and
it appears that I never get through the entire process. I
enter ppp-on and it goes through the to the point where it
says "Please Wait" and dies there?

PS shows several lines " /bin/setup/ isp status "

I see on the screen " ./bin/ps: cannot open
/proc/18368//stat: no such file " repeated several times.

The modem loudspeaker sounds like it is trying to connect
but obviously CHAP is not satified?

I can connect to the Tampa Public Library system without a
problem so I know the modem does work.

I also know that the ATT CHAP system is pretty fussy and I
have a script for ppp-on that I am using in RH-5.2 and 7.0
but I can't see any place to put it in mu 10r5?

What do I need to do next?

I have mu10r5 working in the the "ext2" configuration in a
138 meg partition. Can I delete the DOS partition [102 megs]
and add that to the Linux partition. It looks like I might
be able to do that with "cfdisk" which I have in RH-5.2 in
another drive.

Any and all help appreciated.

Bob Goodwin - Durant, Florida

Red Hat Linux release 7.0