Re: A NEWBIE IN TROUBLES - Prifiles

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Tue Nov 28 2000 - 08:33:36 CET

On Mon, Nov 27, 2000 at 11:11:41PM +0100, artudange nicely wrote:
> Hello mu-people,

Hello, friend in fracturation.

> I tried to create a second user profile but something was wrong so I got a lot of error messages, I was not able to have the second configuration and I deleted the first profile, too. All that in a single shot!
> Is there in the list an angel that can explain to me the way to get this target?
> REMEMBER: I'm a newbie!
>
> Regards. Artu
>
> -----------------------------
> Written in original "fractured English"

The profiles are stored on the first floppy disk, if you run the RAM muLinux
incarnation. But this floppy, unfortunately, is close to be full. So, no
disk space for more that one profile. On the other hand, the number of
parameters to be stored in the profile is growing, in recent releases.

If you can't live with more profiles on the startup floppy, you have to
rebuild the base system. First, edit the file mu.cnf and change the
value of BOOT_FREE (actual default is 35kB): this is the number of KB
left free on the BOOT segment in the startup floppy-disk.

[faq'ed]

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave
you with, I don't. Would you take two negative messages? - Woody Allen