Re: mu105.zip available now for testing only

From: BOB GOODWIN (w2bod@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Nov 26 2000 - 13:11:21 CET

Winsor wrote:

""Bob

edit /usr/X11R6/bin/xf86config file..........it writes to
/etc/X11/XF86Config

winsor""

-- -- -- --

Actually the file that is written comes from
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XF86Config.in

I found that after investigating the paths you gave.

However I am still having trouble getting the display set up
right. I know I had the same problems six months ago when I
tried running mulinux from floppies on the same box. A
'486dx - 66MHz with 8 megs of RAM. An old Gateway tower
which is convenient to work on. MSD says the video adapter
type VGA, Mfr Phoenix, VGA Color, Mode 3, 80x25, Video Bios
Viper VLB v.2.02 Diamond Computer Sys 07/10/93, VESA Support
ver. 1.02, Daimond Viper. It says it has 2 megs of video RAM
when it boots. O/s is from mu10r5.zip

The problem is that startx produces a full size blue screen
and if the mouse is moved up a vertical line appears in the
center of the screen.

I also have a minimal installation of RH-5.2 on another HD
[200 meg] in the same computer and get a normal display with
it. The configuration file from 5.2 is not compatible with
mulinux though, tried that.

Any help appreciated.

Tnx.

Bob Goodwin - Durant, Florida