Re: The BUG!!!!

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Wed Nov 22 2000 - 08:18:46 CET

On Tue, Nov 21, 2000 at 09:42:08PM +0200, Daniel Liljeqvist nicely wrote:

> I Think I located the bug...
> The dos installer does not create (/var/pid), /var/lock, /var/log, /var/run
> or /var/spool
> And My theory is that something needs one of theese (I Tested without
> creating a
> tmp-ramdisk)...
>
> Thanks to Arvid Nymoen(You located the bug....)

This report do not help me. Please, isolate the problem. The Dos installer
is not matter. I wish to know if the FLOPPY MULINUX, using only the
first disk, works or not.

I ask again to someone able to RECREATE with "mu -r" the first floppy:
Please:
1.
        change tree/setup/rc/setup

locate that and remove all, but not "setup -a custom"
if [ "`which dialog`" ] && [ "$first_boot" ]; then
        /etc/rc/dialog/model_select
else
        setup -a custom
fi

2. rebuild the floppy "Mu -r", test and report result to me

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave
you with, I don't. Would you take two negative messages? - Woody Allen