help about old disk

From: Dumas Patrice (dumas@centre-cired.fr)
Date: Tue Nov 21 2000 - 18:23:48 CET

Hi,
I have an old disk with dos installed on, that I took from a 8086.
I would like to take some datas that are in. It is a seagate 225, 20Mo,
MFM.
I have a controller card, WDC1015, ISA 8 bit.
My motherboard is an ABITbx 6, bought last year.

So I wanted to have it work under mulinux.
I am a bit lost now, but here is what I did : I tried to make my BIOS
recognize the disk. I think I didn't managed. Is it a problem ?

I recompilated a kernel with old ide/mfm/rll interface support and
I tried to use it with mulinux. I disabled the ide support by the bios
and turned on some options so that ISA should be recognized. A problem
is that I don't know which interrupt to give to the disk.
I didn't managed to have it work.
I have also seen a driver for XT drives. Is it my case ?

Thanks for any help

Pat