Re: About writable directories and Samba

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Mon Nov 20 2000 - 15:00:25 CET

On Mon, Nov 20, 2000 at 01:19:00PM +0000, Daniel Bourrion nicely wrote:
> Using Samba, after mounting a directory from my mulinux thinkpad on my
> mandrake Desktop PC, i can only read the files that are into this mulinux
> directory althought i've told to Samba, via the /samba/shares on mulinux,
> to make the export directory writable.
>
> Where's the problem ?

Try to clone the [public] section in the /etc/samba/shares file,
in order to write the yours. If it still doesn't work, try to enlarge
the files permissions of the exported directory in MU, using the
command "chmod", for example "chmod 766".
If this doesn't work, try to change the owner
                "chown nobody.root mydir"

Michele
[faq'ed]

--
In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave
you with, I don't. Would you take two negative messages? - Woody Allen