Re: Status report, progress, ...

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Thu Nov 16 2000 - 13:43:47 CET

On Wed, Nov 15, 2000 at 08:40:59PM +0200, Daniel Liljeqvist nicely wrote:
> BTW:
> Do you allready have a POP3-deamon, i could make a packet....
> Or a proxy-demon...
> Or a cpuload meter, witch uses keyboad leds...

I have the Smail daemon, running at port 25: muLinux can act as
central mail in a Lan. I have also the setleds command. My
intention was to write a little daemon that light-on the leds when
some network traffic traverse the machine.
It needs a temporization better of that provided by the "sleep"
command (sleep minimum is 1s), but I found a different method to
idle the process for smaller intervall: the command "wave".
With "wave -c 20 1" I can emit a low frequency (20Hz) of 1/10 s.

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave
you with, I don't. Would you take two negative messages? - Woody Allen