asmutils in muLinux

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Wed Nov 15 2000 - 22:24:42 CET

My interest in Assembly was growing. I compiled the package
asmutils ( K. Boldyshev and others, see http://linuxassembly.org).
This kind of project attracts my unlimited admiration: this
commands are all under 100-200 bytes and works mostly as the GNU
counterparts.

Looking in the Assembler-Howto, I also found a reference to
Albrecht Kleine E3; this consecrate him definitively one of the
major Linux Assembly's guru.

I introduced someone of this commands on the first muLinux floppy:
md5sum (1154 bytes!), tty, chvt, more (222 bytes!), and
also a tool able to crypt a file called rc6crypt. Very cool!

Usage:
                        rc6crypt e|d key [file]

I also found a C64 emulator in Assembly, in only 60-70k, but
requires frame-buffer to works ( no X-Window)

In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave
you with, I don't. Would you take two negative messages? - Woody Allen