Re: Too much growing?

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Tue Nov 14 2000 - 09:46:37 CET

On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 11:19:54PM -0800, winsor SMP nicely wrote:
> Angel,
>
> Although muLinux is bound to grow as it's userbase grows, I think Michele is taking great care to remain true to the original idea of a "one disk system" with all other disk being add-ons for useful extra features.

Fortunately, the PATH concept helps to mantains this structure. The PATH
variable is scanned starting from the top, thus if PATH is

                PATH= /usr/srv/bin : /usr/bin

and we have the bogus "du" command in /usr/bin, and the GNU "du" command
in /usr/srv/bin, the GNU du take place only if the addon SRV is mounted.

> Most of the time I myself find myself still using only the base disk and possibly ext(for httpd and other network goodies).
> Hence my interest in the idea of the WKS/SRV split.
> Hopefully with this new split I'll find myself using only the base/SRV disks with all the other add-ons as "extra niceties" for folks that use that sort of thing.(or when I tinker with them)

It is: the SRV substitute almost EXT(extension).

"I'd like to conclude with a positive statement, but I can't remember any.
Would two negative ones do?"			-- Woody Allen