Re: Ease of installation

From: Angel Martin Alganza (ama@ugr.es)
Date: Tue Nov 14 2000 - 02:25:31 CET

Hi,

At 00:48 14/11/00 +0100, you wrote:
>What kind of problem you got making the floppy disk?

1. Many errors during floppy creation on several different boxes and using
many, many different floppies (even different brands). Just the one box I
mentioned (Windows Me) seems to do it well enough all the time with most
floppies.

2. Floppies don't boot properly in the target boxes (a i486 and a iP5).
Sometimes with a LI...... message during LILO boot. Sometimes with an error
message further on (something about unpacking the floppy... sorry, but I
didn't wright it down).

>BTW, muLinux can be installed *without* floppy disk, or using the

Yes, but my target boxes are (still) isolated and do not have a CD-ROM. I
guess I will try to copy the c:\linux directory (well, actually
/opt/linux/, since I don't need DOS and try to install to a EXT2 partition)
by installing the hard disk in a different box.

>only *InstallerDisk*, who is 1440k, a normal DOS floppy disk.

Where can I find it? I haven't really see anything about it until now; and
I really have read through the documentation several times.

Gracie tante!
Angel

Angel MARTIN ALGANZA http://www.ugr.es/~ama/
Departamento de Genetica & Instituto de Biotecnologia
Campus de Fuentenueva. Universidad de Granada
E-18071 Granada - Spain Tel +34 958 248 926
mailto:ama@ugr.es ICQ#5334825 Fax +34 958 244 073