Re: Setup idea

From: Vesa-Pekka Palmu (vessu@dlc.fi)
Date: Sat Nov 11 2000 - 18:12:41 CET

> Michele,
>
> I have an idea that I thought I'd throw out. It may be silly.
>
> I've noticed that everytime you come up with a new addon you have to
> change to 1st disk as well inorder to add it to the setup script. Would
> it be a good idea to have each addon have it's own setup script?
>
> The first disk could simply ask to insert any addon disk in the drive.
> It then would extract it to /tmp, then extract the addon-setup script
> and run it.

Well i think that this would be too much for my laptop (486, 8mb
memory). It would be better to have the setup script un a
uncompressed area of the disk (but I don't know if this would cut
out too much space from the addon)

Registered Linux user number 189403
Registered Linux machines 83873 & 83874

"We are the NORN. Your life as you knew it is over. Your biological and
technological identities will be added to our own. Bibble is irrelevant.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."

http://creatures2.com http://creatures.co.uk

Vesa-Pekka Palmu AKA Depili
E-mail: depili@sci.fi
ICQ#: 12379430