Windows swap use

From: Ondrej Kavka (kavka@pluto.spsselib.hiedu.cz)
Date: Fri Nov 10 2000 - 22:32:52 CET

I have been experimenting with using of the windows win386.swp as a swap
file and have these experiences: whenever i create a small script containing
just these lines:
mkswap /DOS/win386.swp
swapon /DOS/win386.swp
swapon fails with 'swap-file signature' error. Whenever I write these lines
on the command line, evrything works usually fine. Sometimes not, and I have
to run the second command several times until it gets convinced. Anyone has
better experiences? I would love to put the commands into startup scripts
and not to have to type them all the time..
Ondrej