Re: The Red Hat 4.2 location.

From: Eugene TS Wong (eugenetswong@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Nov 10 2000 - 20:32:16 CET

--- Michele Andreoli <m.andreoli@tin.it> wrote:

> Please, send the question directly to me or on the list: I will add
> in the FAQ. The FAQ is periodically revised by Marko, in the english
> side.

Here is the changed version:

3.15 I looked around on the home page and couldn't find the mulinux
sources. Where can I get them?

muLinux is script based, so the best part of code is also the source of
it. As far C programs is concerned, I used GPLed packages,
standards in Linux distros, but compiled for libc5 using a RH4.2 as
development system. You will find RH4.2 at
ftp://ftp.jcu.cz/pub/aps/4.2/i386/ or at Sunsite.Unc.Edu and its mirrors;
for example, ftp.jcu.cz.

I also rewrote from scratch some commands. You will find the source code
in the sources/ directory, in the mulinux-VERSION.tgz archive.

Most of the UNIX commands present in the /bin path are from the busybox:
you found the source of busybox, with my patches, in the
GCC addon, as sample.

Michele, you probably already knew this, but the information came from
here:

--- Michele Andreoli <m.andreoli@tin.it> wrote:

> You can found RedHat 4.2 here:
>
> ftp://ftp.jcu.cz/pub/aps/4.2/i386/

I hope that helps. I'd recommend that you make the address of the ftp site
into a link so that it can be clickable.

=====
Sincerely, and with thanks,
Eugene Wong
personal site: http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/4111/