Re: Digital signature in muLinux - tests wanted

From: HTom4722@aol.com
Date: Thu Nov 09 2000 - 21:14:21 CET

In a message dated 11/9/00 1:59:10 PM Central Standard Time,
m.andreoli@tin.it writes:

> > not a german word, but my english-to-english-translater sais:
> > "mutt: slang for 'ignorant blunderer', example: You silly big mutt"
>
> Ok, but why to call "mutt" a mail-reader?
> The mutt motto/slogan is:
>
> "All mail clients suck. This one just sucks less." -me, circa 1995
>
> There is some relation?
>
> Michele

"mutt" is an American slang term for a dog of mixed and informal breeding,
usually of friendly disposition. Frequently trained to go and fetch the
family newspaper, etc.

I always thought it was a Unix-ish play on "Fido", the generic name for the
American family dog, as well as refering to Fidonet.

htom