Re: An ambitious idea(but a bit off-topic)

From: winsor SMP (zoot@farts.com)
Date: Thu Nov 09 2000 - 02:39:11 CET

('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) Patrice,

I just wrote a bunch of goofy scripts to handle chores like that....
Got a whole pile of "undocumented" files in my personal mulinux install
<<<<< cut here>>>>>>
#!/bin/sh

#adn for mounting dos 1.44 floppies
mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /a
<<<<<<<cut here>>>>>>
#!/bin/sh

#ado unmounts dos floppies
umount /a
and be sure to copy to /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin and chmod them to 755
makes it easier to handle such complex and highly technical tasks as mounting a floppy*grin*
Almost any commandline function can be scripted and if you think you're gonna' do it more than twice a day, why not do some of this
"rustic scripting"???8^P
(tongue held firmly in cheek)
I'm a mite lazy.........and anything more than three characters to do such simple tasks seems like a lot of work.....and more room for typos

winsor